HGV Mechanic/Dust Cart Technician
Earnings: up to £22 per hour
My client is a leading fleet supplier of dust carts to the waste management sector. They are seeking experienced HGV mechanics or Dust Cart Technicians to join their vehicle maintenance depot located in Basildon.
To work under the direction of the Vehicle Maintenance Manager to ensure that all duties are carried out promptly, efficiently, and effectively on maintaining vehicles
Your Duties will include.
- To undertake the maintenance and repair of all fleet vehicles based at Basildon and at customer sites
- Liaising with Vehicle Maintenance Manager to ensure all vehicle Mot preparation, servicing and repair requirements are met and that all vehicles are only released in a safe and roadworthy condition.
- Ensuring that all paperwork regarding the MOT preparation, servicing and repair of vehicles conforms to ‘O’ Licence requirements and is accurately completed
- Incorporating within the vehicle safety check, undertaken during the 6-weekly service, that a visual check of the ‘O’ Licence is made, to ensure that they are both correct and valid
- Maintaining an ongoing visual assessment of any vehicles which are serviced or repaired by external providers, to ensure that the highest standards are provided by any third party and that they are adhering to all legal requirements
- Report any workshop equipment defects
- Report Near Misses
- Comply with relevant legalisation
- You must be a fully qualified HGV Mechanic with City & Guilds NVQ including IRTC
- You must be able to undertake all aspects of commercial vehicle maintenance and repair
- Relationship developer with good communication skills
- PC Skills (use of mobile applications)
- Previous vehicle maintenance experience (minimum 2 years)
- Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Flexible approach to work with a willingness to learn new skills
- Organised and able to multi-task
- Having a HGV licence and CPC Card is a benefit for this role but not essential
Pay Rates – £20 to £22 per hour dependant on experience
If you are interested apply on line with an up to date CV or call Nick on 020 8441 3323.