Location: NW London & Watford
Up to £40K per annum and benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Driver Training Manager to join the Transport team of a well-established waste management company located in North West London.
- The successful candidate will deliver proactive driver training and assessment programmes across the company to include skip drivers, grab drivers, tippers driver, articulated vehicle drivers.
- The role will require you to be fully competent in training Full Time Employed LGV Drivers, Temporary Agency LGV Drivers and other Company Vehicle (non-LGV) Drivers.
- You must be approachable and professional with an aptitude for developing other, a self-starter with a ‘hands-on’ approach and the drive to `get things done’.
- Your role will be responsible for both our NW London and Watford depots.
- Assess potential drivers as part of the recruitment and selection process.
- Induction and training of newly recruited drivers in the procedures and processes relevant to the role and to general company principles including health and safety policies.
- Training of new, existing, and temporary agency drivers.
- Assessing driver on an annual basis and as the need arises
- Monitoring driver behaviour through the use of the vehicle telematic software to include reporting and recommendations to improve fleet efficiency and safety.
- Review, update and retrain existing drivers on procedures and process relevant to general company principles and procedures including health and safety policies.
- Ensure all drivers are familiar with the latest legislation surrounding EC Drivers Hours, WTD in Road Transport and Load Security.
- Ensure all drivers are familiar with the latest customer requirements.
- Report any health and safety issues, including near misses to the Transport Manager
- Participate in CPC course development and instruction to include managing drivers CPC licences and arrange training as required.
- Complete investigatory meetings as and when required and assist with cause of damage investigations.
- Providing instruction, when suitably qualified and experienced, on LGV Tractor Units, LGV trailers, LGV Rigid Vehicles, Non-LGV Commercial Vehicles and CPC training courses.
- Ensure that all vehicles and equipment are driven or operated in accordance with the law and appropriate safety codes.
- Previous experience as a qualified Driver Assessor or a Driver Training Instructor
- Previous LGV Driver economic driving techniques and health and safety training experience
- Full valid C+E Driving Licence with no points on the licence (must have held licence for more than 5 years).
- No current or previous prosecutions for driving offences.
- Working knowledge of current transport legislation
- Previous experience working in road transport operation (incl. loading and unloading)
- National / International Operator CPC qualification
- Advanced Driver Qualification
- Driving Instructor/ Assessor qualification
- Knowledge of the FORS Standard would be an advantage
You will be a ‘self-starter’ who is highly organised, with a proactive approach and a ‘can do’ attitude. You should have strong attention to detail and a focus on quality. Possessing robust communication skills and demonstrating proven driver development and assessment skills. Moreover, you must be able to work effectively as an individual, as well as part of a team.
To apply call Serge on 020 8441 3323, apply online or visit our registration centre in Potters Bar at 90 Darkes Lane, EN6 1AQ.